Friday 30 October 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch #147

Hello!

I feel like I've gone off on one of my tangents with my interpretation of this week's sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch. Maybe because I was initially thinking of flowers and then went for a Christmas theme. :-)  I think you can still see the sketch in my card...
I used SU! Wonderland stamps and a little washi to create this card.
Tonight I'm at the end of year concert for my kids' strings ensembles. All of the ensembles, from 7 year olds through to 18 year olds, play in the final concert at school. It is made up of 3 junior ensembles, 3 intermediate ensembles, and 2 advanced ensembles. This time they are also playing a finale piece with all kids together (over 200 kids playing strings together!). I love these concerts, they give me goosebumps!

Thanks for dropping by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

6 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Michelle! I love your take on the sketch!

sandie said...

I think you have done an amazing take on the sketch. At first look at this sketch I had no idea but your take had given me inspiration, so thank you an dI hope the evening goes well x

nancy littrell said...

Simply gorgeous gold accents on your beautiful Christmas card. TFS Michelle

Lynn said...

I bet the concert was beautiful. I love it too! Your card is stunning. Love the gold.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Michelle: The sketch can totally be seen in your gorgeous card, no doubt about it, love the placing of the sentiment and the sweet detail of the sequences.
Now, I'm sure you enjoyed this concert, there is nothing like seeing your children, or in my case, my grandchildren up on stage performing with the Orchestra and Chamber ensembles, it indeed, gives you goosebumps, so lovely.
Thank you for sharing both your beautiful card and the account of your children's performances.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.
www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

Dana M said...

Beautifully elegant card Michelle! I love the striped vellum along the bottom - fabulously grounds the card.