Saturday 10 January 2015

MFT Challenges - sketch and colour

Hello!

With Susan Opel leading an awesome team of designers on the newly launched MFT Challenge Blog, I couldn't resist joining in the fun. I will admit that my stash of MFT products is very limited. I think I own one stamp set (which I couldn't get to work with these challenges) and two little die sets (flowers). That doesn't mean that I don't love MFT, it just means that my limited budget has not allowed me to buy all that I love (yet). But, I wanted to join in anyway, and so here I am! :-)

My first card is for the sketch challenge.
I used Hero Arts Bicycle stamps and dies, Memory Box Puffy Clouds, Mama Elephant Femme Frames and Banner, and MFT Die-namics flower. Whew! That's a collection of product for one little card!
My second card is for the colour challenge.
These cute little bugs (Clearly Besotted Build a Bug) were another present from my secret santa. They're so sweet!! The sentiment is PTI Ballerina Beauty.
Because the bugs are new, I'm joining in with Darnell's NBUS Challenge, again (2nd entry). :-)
Edit: Because Ardyth tells me this card meets the definition of "attractive opposites" (white/black, red/green), I'm entering into One Layer Simplicity as well! :-)
I've been enjoying my holidays, being able to relax and play with my craft and art. I'm back at work on Monday, and I really would rather stay home! ;-) The kids have another two and a half weeks of holidays before school starts back. They get to stay home with Dad having fun while I toil away in the City.

Thanks for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

18 comments:

Karen M said...

Love both your gorgeous cards Michelle - they are so pretty:) I'm glad to hear that your having a great holiday....going back to work is the pits - but we do have craft habits to support LOL! Hugs xx

Judith said...

Lovely cards, the bugs are cute and I like the bike too!

Lynn said...

Love both cards...the sweet little scene on the first and the colors on the second one simply pop!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Beautiful cards Michelle! Love the scene in the first and adore those little bugs and the CAS design of the second card! Hazel x

Jill said...

Oh so fun cards! I'm just loving your cute lil bugs! ;) thanks for joining us on our first challenges!! :)

Sarah G said...

Both of your cards are so fresh and fun! Love those cute bugs :)

Cori in W. Texas said...

That bicycle card is making me swoon! Love, love, love, LOVE!!!! And the ladybug friends are just adorable in their colorful cuteness. A+ x 2!!!!

Ardyth said...

Love your one layer lady bird card - it would work with my challenge at One-Layer Simplicity, with your green red, and black and white!

LisaH said...

Such a cute card!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love both Michelle,the sweet bike and the one layer ladybug card!

Kim Heggins said...

Love them both! But those sweet little colorful ladybugs are just too darn cute.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fab CAS card, Michelle. Glad you play along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

Darnell said...

Both of your cards are so HAPPY, Michelle! I love the little bike all ready for a ride on a gorgeous day and your sweetly colored lady bugs on a OLC are a pure delight!! Thank you so much for linking to my NBUS Challenge #3 again!! Have a great week, even if you do have to work! :( Hugs, Darnell

PStanley said...

Loooove those bugs Michelle!

Ardyth said...

Great to see you at OLS! I love how the font matches the lines on the antennae!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh these are so adorable

Susan R. Opel said...

They are both so very CUTE! And I'm glad you are along for the ride, Michelle. Those blue skies in the first card are calling my name.

OH Babs said...

Love the Lady Bug card for Darnell's challenge.