Friday 13 December 2013

A beautiful (feathery) life!

Hello!

My hubby asked me to make a birthday card for his runnning coach. Masculine cards are not my forte, but each time I make one I get a little bit better, and a little less apprehensive about the next one! I suggested that I make a "feather" card, since I  am currently having a love affair with Fine Feathers. Hubby gave me one of those wobbly yes's - ye-e-e-sss - but I kept going, and I think he's pretty happy with the end result.  I will admit that this card is not my own original design in any way. I CASEd Claire Brennan. I KNOW, what was I thinking? CASEing the stamp designer? LOL! Claire's card is amazing. My card is slightly different, but pretty much I made a card with what I remembered from her card - a wreath of feathers with sentiment in the middle. :-)
I made a stamping smudge - the bane of the one-layer card-maker's life! It's too late in the night for me to go back and fix it. Hubby is taking it to his running group in the morning. At least they'll know it was handmade. ;-)  The feathers are Waltzingmouse Fine Feathers. The sentiment is from PTI Meadow Greens. This card is big, so that the whole running group can sign. It's 7.75" x 5.5". Colours are SU! Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, and Delicata Golden Glitz.

Here is a little closer look at the shine of the golden feathers.


I almost don't want to give this card away. It's really delicious and warm.

Thank-you for visiting! I have a big week-end of major housework planned (we have our family Christmas party here next week-end), but I hope to sneak off to make some cards at some point. Fingers crossed!

Michelle
xxx

5 comments:

Darnell said...

I don't blame you for wanting to keep this in your "can't let it go" folder of special cards, Michelle! When that happens to me, I think, oh well, I'll just whip out another one to keep, but then I get distracted and never make the duplicate. That's when I'm happy for computers and blogs because at least this beauty is immortalized here forever! It really is outstanding!! Hugs, Darnell

Susie W. said...

You know...your blog should actually be named Amazing Michelle. Because your talent (and your cards) are!
Love this card!

Lynn said...

Michelle, The colors on this card are so rich and gorgeous! Wow!

Jay Gee said...

This is beautiful Michelle - perfect for any gender. Love that yellow glitter ink, just gorgeous :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is amazing, Michelle! I'm pinning it so I can make one, too!