Friday 19 July 2013

Summer Card Camp 2 - Week 2, Day 1

Hello!

Yes, I had a hectic week with work and the rest of my life. No stamping all week long, sigh! I've been itching to get to my craft table and play along with Summer Card Camp 2! On Day 1 this week, Kristina showed us a technique using distress inks with heat embossing. She made a circle card, but I'll be honest, circle cards drive me crazy because they don't stand up straight. At least mine don't! They roll all over the place! LOL! Kristina's card was BEAUTIFUL, so I decided to use the techniques and ideas in a normal A2 card.
I used Hero Arts Everything Flower background stamp, PTI Boutique Borders: Birthday, and PTI woodgrain impression plate. Patterned paper is Stampin' Up! All the creamy white is embossing. The colours are Distress Inks in Walnut Stain, Crushed Olive, Broken China, and Tumbled Glass. The woodgrain paper is SU! Soft Suede.

I love this week's colours! Greens, blue, and brown. Yum! My hubby looked at this card and said, "Wow! It looks really modern. Like a hotel room." I think that's a compliment, meaning it looks like it was made by an interior designer. :-)
I'm away this week-end, so I may not get any time to play more with these colours. I am holding out hope that when we come home on Sunday that I will get a little time to stamp, in between loads of washing.

Edited to link up to Paper Issues "Nature Walk".

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

19 comments:

Kara said...

gorgeous!! love the texture and the colors! beautiful!

Barb said...

I agree with your hubby, Michelle - Wow! This is really beautiful!

Tenia Nelson said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Joyce said...

This is just gorgeous. I do think it has a 'famous designer' look.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of the colors and technique~ I am going to have to go back and watch I missed that one... only so much time as you well know..

Julie Mogford said...

This is so great! Pinning!

Darnell said...

Yikes, I still haven't started, but I sure do like what you've done here, Michelle! I hope you have a lovely weekend away ~ just forgetting about stamping and have fun!!

Janet's Joy said...

Very pretty Michelle!

Unknown said...

Absolutely STUNNING Michelle!! I love everything about this gorgeous creation!! Hope you have a great weekend away!! Xx

karen h said...

Beautiful card! Love the green background paired with the brown woodgrain panel.

Lisa A. said...

This is beautiful, Michelle!! Love everything about your lovely card:)!! Have to catch up with class myself:)

Lynn said...

I hope you have a great weekend away! This card is gorgeous. I love the details of the stamps.

Jen W. said...

This really is stunning, Michelle! Gorgeous inking and the woodgrain panel and touch of blue paper compliment it so perfectly.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is stunning, Michelle! Gorgeous and amazing!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card Michelle...looks like you are having a fun time in class, your homework looks like A+ work to me.

Unknown said...

stunning! gorgeous effect...i love it :)

Anonymous said...

You left a comment on my blog, so I decided to come check out yours. What a stunning card. The colors, layout, and stamping make it really eye-catching. (Thanks for your comment on my blog. Still kind of a baby blogger - just figuring things out.)

Jane said...

Just STUNNING Michelle!!!

T said...

I keep seeing this on my Pinterest board and just cannot stop looking at it. <3 <3