Sunday 5 May 2013

Retro Baby Shower

Hello!

Just a quick one tonight. I still have a million things to do to get the kids ready for school tomorrow and me ready for work!

I didn't want to miss Aga's baby shower over at Runway Inspired Challenge to welcome baby Helena! Aga is one of my card heroines, her style is just awesome! I tried to make a card that reflected Aga's style (although I will never come close to her skill, I'm sure!). Sorry for the lighting in the photo, that's my night time photography combined with shiny elements that didn't want to shine, wah!
I used PTI Fine Linen card and patterned paper, and SU! Soft Suede and Very Vanilla. I gold embossed Mama Elephant Nursery Deco bear and sentiment, and used Delicata Gold to stamp the background. (The golds match better in real life).

I took the layout from Retro Sketches #62
The inspiration for the card came from this gorgeous bub.
Thanks for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I love the sweet little gold banners!

Susie W. said...

Love the gold Michelle! That Delicata gold ink is on my wish list :)
Sweet card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Perfect shower invite, love the embossing detail.

Darnell said...

Michelle, you've created such a sweet and perfect RIC card to celebrate baby Helena!!

Good luck getting it all together for tomorrow! I know you'll get 'er done!!

Joyce said...

This is such a sweet baby card. I love the gold embossing.

C said...

Precious...love your golden banners and that sweet bear!

Virginia L. said...

DARLING design, Michele! I am sure Aga would love this! So glad that you join the fun with us!

Wida said...

Listen to me, you can never go wrong with a gold banner...never!