Sunday 8 July 2012

Silver and Gold Peonies

Hello!

It is amazing what a colour challenge will do to stretch me way beyond my normal choices. At the Play Date Cafe Challenge this week we are invited to use the colours Gold, Silver, and Nude. Nude?? I decided to use vanilla/cream/pearl as my "nude".  I will sometimes use some silver. I will sometimes use some gold. I NEVER have used silver and gold in the same card before, until now.
This colour combination is a bit hard to photograph. Here is a little close up to show you the layers, texture, and shine of the images.
I used PTI Pretty Peonies and Think Big Favorites #13. I used Vintage Cream card, silver embossing powder, and gold embossing powder, finishing off with some pearls.

This is the colour story. So pretty!
I have a few more birthday cards to make today, so I should be back with more later. It is the start of birthday season here. We have non-stop birthdays from June through to October with only a few sprinkled elsewhere in the calendar. It makes for a very busy second half of the year!

Thanks for dropping by. 

Michelle
xxx

11 comments:

Darnell said...

Very nice job, Michelle! I like how you made the peonies gold and the leaves silver and how you used pearl bling, rather than silver or gold. Unexpected and I like that! (I don't think I've ever mixed these two colors either and I hope to get time to do try it.) TFS!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous embossing!

Karen M said...

Gorgeous card - I love all your embossing! I found this the hardest challenge that I have done for a while...those colours are tricky!Hugs xx

Ardyth said...

Stunning design and your embossing is so clean!

~amy~ said...

super wow!!!!! You rocked the challenge!

thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow! Love how clean and simple you made this, letting those shiny flowers do the talking. Beautiful!

Thanks for playing with us this week at The Play Date Cafe. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle this is so so beautiful and you nailed this challenge. What embossing powder do you use because it turned out perfect?

Kara Lynne said...

Just saw this at the PDCC. Beautiful embossing! Very elegant card!

kingstonmama said...

This is lovely. Your embossing is perfect and the gold and silver look wonderful together. Ann Y.

Agata said...

Wow! So elegant and beautiful! Love it!

Darnell said...

Popping back to say congratulations on your PDCC shout-out for your brilliant card!!