Thursday 8 December 2011

New Challenge - Runway Inspired Challenge

Hello!

I am very excited about this new challenge. Runway Inspired Challenge has been started by Jennifer Rzasa, who has brought together some of my most favourite card designers in the whole wide world. Seriously, they are ALL my muses and I aspire to one day create something nearing their level of creativity!  If you haven't taken a look at this challenge yet, head on over and join in on this first one!

To cap off my excitement, the very first inspiration photo uses my very favourite colour, YELLOW. I love, love, love yellow.  Here is the photo:
As soon as I saw this photo, an idea formed in my head, and it has stayed there until I found a tiny slice of time available this morning to put it onto card.

This is my card:
I can't tell you how much I like this card (I might even have trouble giving it away, LOL). Yellow and cream together. YUM. It's raining here this morning, so the light isn't so great, so my yellow looks a bit golder and darker than it really is. It's close enough.

I used PTI Vintage Cream, SU! Daffodil Delight, Sentiment is Curly Cute stamped in SU! Early Espresso, Images are PTI Turning a New Leaf, Dies are PTI - Mat Stack #4 and Fillable Frames #10 (I think).

Thanks for coming by to look at my card. Please leave me a comment letting me know what you think of my card, and to let me know you were here, and I'll come and visit you back sometime soon.

Michelle
xxx

15 comments:

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hi Michelle, thanks so much for taking the time to join us for our first Runway Inspired Challenge! Your card is simply amazing! I adore the way you matted the sentiment, as well as your careful placement of the leaves. It's all so well-balanced, and makes my CAS heart skip a beat!

Unknown said...

I love your card!!!! So simple and classy, never would've thought to use that leaf stamp upside down, but it really works, gorgeous!

Katherine said...

Lovely card! So elegant. Your pairing of yellow and cream is great.

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card..love that leaf stamp..

Suzanne Russell said...

So striking in yellow and cream! (I'm a fan of yellow, too!) I love the stamp you chose as well as the mat layers. Just so sunny and bright!

Arlene said...

This is just absolutely gorgeous! Love the simplicity of it...very striking!

Donelda said...

Yum is right - this is an awesome card!!

Jenny said...

I think your card is fabulous too Michelle, love the layout so bold but CAS at the same time :)
Jenny x

Emily Leiphart said...

Your card is stunning, Michelle! I love the layers in the labels and the simplicity of your design.

T said...

Holy crow I love this card!! Amazing!

Jay Gee said...

Just saw this on the Runway challenge blog Michelle - it is gorgeous :)

Joyce said...

Brilliant idea to use turning a new leaf. I really like how you stamped on the card and on the sentiment focal point.

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Clean and (not too) simple - I like your card a lot!!
Yes, I do like this challenge, too and I´m looking forward to the upcoming challenges! What a great idea to start a runway inspired challenge! I guess, we´ll meet there again soon...

kingstonmama said...

I love this card, Michelle. It is such a striking design and the yellow is fabulous. This looks like it will be an interesting challenge. :) Ann

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous take on the challenge. I love the simple color palette and leaf nested labels.