Sunday 24 July 2011

Fanatical about Botanical

Hello!

Well, the title is the theme of the challenge over at Moxie Fab World - Fanatical About Botanical, but it is true of me also! I love botanical images.  I am also known to take photographs of random things in nature when I'm out supposedly taking photos of my family at play. . . grass, flowers, leaves, clouds, Oh, and there's a kid!

I've been mulling over this challenge for a while, wondering how I would construct it. Then last night I was sitting staring aimlessly into space when I realised that my half-formed concept actually worked well with this week's Just Add Ink Sketch Challenge. The sketch for Just Add Ink #77 is:


So this morning I set to work, and this is what I came up with:


Should I admit that there a couple of design errors that I'm unhappy about???  Probably not. . . so I won't tell you specifically what I'm unhappy about, LOL.  There are also plenty of elements in this card that I'm super happy with.

What I used (all Stampin' Up! except sentiment):
Stamps: Organic Grace, Because I Care, All A Flutter; PTI - Botanical Silhouettes sentiment
Ink: Pretty In Pink, Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Barely Banana, Crumb Cake
Card: Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ribbon: Certainly Celery Grosgrain

So what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by, I love having visitors.

Michelle
xxx

11 comments:

Jenny said...

I just love the colours and design. It has been known for me to take random pictures of garden flowers too....they pose better than children do. Lol
Jenny :)

Christine Blain said...

This is GORGEOUS, Michelle! Love the happy, summery colours, and your take on the JAI sketch. Beautiful card.

Karen said...

Very nice, gotta love that hydrangea

Karen B. said...

I happen to think this is very lovely! You've got a well composed design and wonderful colors!

Lin said...

Beautiful design, and love these sweet colors!

Paula Dobson said...

A beautiful use of this weeks Sketch Michelle! Love the summery feel of this card. The Hydrangea finishes it beautifully. Thanks for playing at JAI ♥

Cassandra said...

Gorgeous Madam, who can resist pink and green, oh, and botanical. So glad you had a go at this one, right up your alley.

Nikki Spencer said...

A beautiful take on the sketch Michelle, love the colour combo you have used, very pretty. Thanks for playing at JAI.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is simply breathtaking, thanks for sharing!

Mae's Cachet said...

I love the soft colours on this card. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)