Saturday 23 March 2013

A pocketful of candles (CQC181 and CTS20)

Hello!

Today it is hot. I'm wondering when Autumn will decide to arrive. I'm about to melt! I keep looking at those beautiful snowy Spring photos from everyone in the USA and Europe, who are wondering when the heat will arrive, and I think we should swap!

Today I bring you this card.
I used a WPlus9 die Love Notes, SU! Create a Cupcake stamps, Studio Calico brad. Colours are SU! Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight, and Memento Tuxedo Black.

I made the card in response to two challenges. ColourQ #181
and CAS(E) This Sketch #20

Last night I attended my daughter's Swim Club Presentation Night. It was the end of the competitive swim season for the kids who aren't going on to the Nationals. They were presented their trophies by the Olympic Swimmers from our club. We have ten of them, yes TEN Olympic swimmers in our one club. Our little kids are blessed to have such amazingly talented team mates swimming alongside them.  The end of the competitive season doesn't mean an end to swim training. They get the month of April off, but then it is back into the pool all the way through Winter until the comp season starts up again in Spring.

This photo is my daughter collecting her Club Night trophy from Mitch Larkin (who is one of her favourite swimmers).
Thanks for coming to visit me!

Oh, I meant to mention, if you would like to follow me on Facebook, I have set up a page for Amusing Michelle. I haven't quite figured out exactly what I'm doing there yet. I'm definitely sharing cards, but I hope to make it something a little more than that... feel free to come along for the journey while I work it all out. :-)

Michelle
xxx


14 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Great card for both challenges Michelle, I love your CAS approach. Great picture! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Lynn said...

Congrats to your daughter and her team! Fabulous!

I love your card...the sweet little chevron brad is the perfect touch.

Kara said...

such a cute card! perfect for both challenges! so glad you joined us at he CQC!! Congrats to your daughter!!

Shelly said...

Such a cute birthday card! And Congrats to your daughter...very cool! :)

Marlena M. said...

Adorable card, Michelle! I love that pocket of candles~
Congratulations to your sweet daughter~

Kristie Goulet said...

I love your adorable card Michelle and yes, I will swap weather with you. I am in Northern NH and am so sick of the cold and snow! You can have all of it. haha

Congrats to your daughter, great picture. :)

Ardyth said...

Love the candles coming out of the pocket - be careful where you sit!lol! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Arielle H Gordon said...

What a sweet C&S card, Michelle! Thanks so much for playing with us at the colourQ!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card, Michelle, love the sentiment trail! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week.

lostinpaper said...

Your pocket candles are too clever Michelle!
Thanks for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

savvy teaching tips said...

So cute - I love how you put those little candles in the pocket. Thanks for joining us at the Colour Q this week.

Jen W. said...

Love the candles in the picket and that fabulous brad! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Wow! What a fantastic swim club your daughter is a part of. :)

Yapha Mason said...

Great card -- I love that pocket! Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing at ColourQ!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

How fun is this?! Love those candles coming out of the pocket - super clever! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!