Sunday 24 June 2012

A Retro Kiss?

Hello!

I have finally made a card for Retro Sketches. They are up to challenge #17, and every time I see a sketch (since #1), I want to join in, but for some reason I ALWAYS miss the deadline! Not this week-end, I made it! Yippee!

This is my card.
And this is the sketch.
I think I used my artistic license a bit with my big flower, but that flower really wanted to be on this card, and I couldn't say no. :-)

Now, I also made this card with two other challenges in mind. The colour scheme came from Color Throwdown #197, where the colour combo this week is totally irresistible.
And I did a bit of kissing for A Blog Named Hero #6.
The stamp sets I used were PTI Rosie Posie (and dies), Postmarks, and Think Big Favorites #16. I stamped the backgrounds in Versamark. Colours are Crumb Cake, Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, and Old Olive with Tuxedo Black for the sentiment.

Thanks for dropping by!

Michelle
xxx

11 comments:

Karen M said...

Gorgeous card - I love all the patterns and the colours are so pretty, hugs x x

Ardyth said...

Wow - 3 challenges in one card?! You're my hero! This is gorgeous - the bold colours and images go perfectly with this simple sketch!

Pauline said...

A beautiful mix of challenges, what a gorgeous card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle I am so glad you did, this card is amazing! I see a winner here. You set the bar high.

Lucy Newton said...

Beautiful card Michelle! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Virginia L. said...

Love the kissing effect on this as they create such an interesting background! Well done, Michelle!

Beverley said...

Wow, lovely card. I'm amazed at people who can combine more than one challenge in a card! Something I rarely do! Great combination of stamps too. X

Unknown said...

For real...my first word very loudly, I might add, was WOOOOOOOOOW!!! This is just spectacular!!! I wish I could combine challenges. I just can't do it! lol Thank you for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero

A Blog Named Hero said...

WOWZA! The kissing technique you've done is just perfect! I'd have NEVER thought to combine those two stamps, but they're just perfect together!

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!~

Linda
A Blog Named Hero

Meghan said...

I love the stamp you chose to "kiss" with! What a great card!

Jen W. said...

LOVE the postmark image you used for the kissing effect - so cool!