Wednesday 25 April 2012

Runway Inspired #10

Hello!

I'm here to share with you a bright happy birthday card, created in response to Runway Inspired Challenge. RIC is up to Challenge 10... already!

This is the inspiration.
And this is my response.
I have had all sorts of fantasies involving gold ribbon ruffles, but the reality is that I don't own any gold ribbon, LOL! So I satisfied myself with silver and gold zig zags. I versamarked the zig zags onto the red card as well. I fussy cut those zig zags at the bottom of the red section. I don't know why I torture myself, I really don't like cutting out, but sometimes it is called for. :-)  The card base is SU! Crumb Cake, the white is PTI white, the red is SU! Poppy Parade. The zig zags are done in silver and gold embossing powder. The sentiment is PTI Think Big Favorites #13. The zig zag is Hero Arts Zig Zag.

Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle
xxx

7 comments:

Karen M said...

Gorgeous card - What a great effect with the gold zig-zags, you have more patience than me:) I love how it turned out, Hugs x x

Cassandra said...

I told myself I wouldn't look at this card till I decided on what my approach, but couldn't resist. Great job. Love the colours and the "fussy cutting"

Marie said...

Fantastic. Love the clean and simple lines.

Lisa A. said...

Wow, Michelle!! LOVE the bright orange at the top...your chevrons of gold and silver are perfect...well worth all the effort(I LOVE using my scissors... relaxation??:)!!)Beautiful card!!

Jen W. said...

The fussy cutting was definitely worth it! It really highlights those fabulous embossed zig zags. :)

Christina said...

This is super amazing, Michelle! I love the bold poppy color on top and the way the chevrons switch from silver to gold. Fabulous take on the photo!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

So gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at the Runway Inspired Challenge!