Tuesday 28 December 2010

Christmas

This year the majority of my cards were made at technique classes and at stamp-a-stack sessions with my stamping friends.  This means that the designs were mostly by my friend Manda.  BUT, I did have an idea in mind when Dasher was released, and I worked on it for a while before I came up with my final design.  My idea was blended with an idea I got from one of Manda's cards.  Manda's card is here:


I loved this card, and I did give it away to someone special at Christmas, despite wanting to keep it for myself!  What I came up with for Dasher (the reindeer) this year started as:


and ended up as:


The big thing I learned from making this card was - the more bows you make, the easier they are.  So the next time I'm planning to make bows, I will make them in bulk, because bows are one of my personal challenges (along with cutting out).

I didn't get all my cards out this year, but I live in hope that one year I will make all the cards and send them in time as well!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and that you have a wonderful New Year!

Michelle
xxxxx

No comments: